Here’s what I think will happen next Tuesday and a little bit beyond.
1) Mitt Romney will win the popular vote, but Barack Obama will win what matters, the Electoral Vote. Romney’s national momentum is just not showing up on the state level.
2) Republicans maintain control of the House and Democrats hold the Senate.
3) Gary Johnson will fail to get 1% of the vote nationally. Libertarians will be butthurt to the point of meltdown on social media.
4) In the shocker of the night, Todd Akin wins in Missouri.
5) The Bush-Obama tax cuts will not be extended for anyone, nor will the payroll tax cut be extended.
6) Partisan gridlock will get worse in DC.